Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 6, 2012

What is it About the Water?



What is it about the water? 

Whenever we have the chance to explore the coastlines of the Maritimes, we do.  There is something nourishing and healing about being close to the shore.



We explored the Terence Bay area of Nova Scotia driving all the way to the end of the peninsula to Lower Prospect.  At the end of the road, we sat and watched people perching on the granite boulders, massive stones which are so prevalent along that coast.  We watched people far out in the Bay in their kayaks. 

We were careful not to cross private property lines, though there does seem to be something inherently wrong about people owning the coast.  Then again, I suppose if I had the money to buy a 300 to 700 thousand dollar property, I might be touchy about people crossing my property lines as well. 

But I don't and won't, so feel happy to be able to look, smell the salt breeze, and feel the spray on my skin as waves splash.

I do appreciate where we live, here in the Maritimes and am content to take photos and enjoy what is free to enjoy.

Because there is something healing and nourishing about being close to the water, isn't there?



Photos and words are copyright Carol Steel.
Text in red contains hyperlinks which will take you
 to another site with additional information,
if you click on the text.

4 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

What a gorgeous place!

Carol Steel said...

The south coast of Nova Scotia is magnificent.

Crafty Green Poet said...

what lovely views, I love the colours of the water and the seaweeds

Carol Steel said...

Hi CGP,

I love the south shore of Nova Scotia and would move there if I could afford the house prices, but I can't ...so we just look and explore and enjoy whenever we can travel there.