Powered By Blogger

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bright Colours of Spring



At daybreak, the grey sky opened to orange, yellow, pink and mauve.  Though I know this means more grey later today, perhaps dampness and achy arthritic joints, I relish colours anywhere I can find them.  Spring has been long coming and the usual swathes of bright flowers are nowhere to be found, not yet.
 
At least, they have not yet appeared in this yard.   I wait with the pale grass bleached by winter, the grey rock wall and the grey squirrels that explore there, the aging cedar fence broken under the weight of winter, the garden too wet to rake; wait for the fresh green of spring to push through matted leaves and the detritus of winter.

I long for the bright colours to burst open.



Photos and words are ©2009-2014 Carol Steel


No comments: