Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Persistent Spring ll




Persistent Spring    ll                                                       

Outside, mid-winter wraps
the world in ice.
Inside, on my window sill,
signs of Spring.

Buds sheathed in green
sipping the light
of longer days
to quench
their winter thirst.

Blooms bursting joy
ripe with sun dust
translucent flesh
and everywhere—

Spring throbs in the veins.



Notes:
This is a version of a poem I wrote last year; see my blog entry of February 20, 2011.  And, I welcome feedback. 
Since today marks the beginning of Spring, the poem seems appropriate.

Photo is mine.

6 comments:

Karen said...

It does throb in the veins! I love the ambiguousness of this statement. Very nice images throughout.

Anonymous said...

This is really nice... Love it
G

Maude Lynn said...

This is truly lovely!

Carol Steel said...

Hi Karen,
Thanks for making a comment. I love to get feedback. Positive feedback is delightful.

Carol Steel said...

Hi G,
Thanks for your comment. I don't hear from you often here, so this is a special treat. I appreciate feedback from you.

Carol Steel said...

Hello Mama Zen,
Thanks for your comment. You made my day.