Powered By Blogger

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Gratitude


Gratitude is so close to the bone of life,
pure and true, that it instantly stops the
rational mind, and all its planning
and plotting.

~Regina Sara Ryan


This is the quote for today from http://www.gratefulness.org/

Reading it made me stop all the "To Do" lists in my head. 

I recognize that the "planning and plotting" are of no importance, beside the fact that my mother and younger sister each received great reports from their doctors this week. 

The alternative to great reports could have been a diagnosis of breast cancer, a very real and ever present worry in this family's genetic make-up.

They are lucky, the whole family is lucky and I am so grateful.

Stop a minute. 

What has happened to you this week that caused you to feel gratitude?  For what are you grateful?

No comments: