Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 7, 2013

My Cats are Smarter




My Cats are Smarter

My cats are smarter than I am.  They pay attention to what they need.  They don’t do things because they “should.”  They don’t do things because they feel guilty.  They don’t do things because they imagine others expect them to do so.
 

 
 
Cats pay attention to their bodies.  They sleep when they need to sleep.  They hang around with others when they want to be near.  They take time to be alone.  They ask for affection.  They take time to look out the window, to watch the birds, to just be and they are Okay with all of that.  They eat and play and run when the mood strikes.  They make time to groom and to care for themselves.

How is it that a cat is so much wiser than I am?

9 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Carol, that is exactly what i say about our dogs. Maybe we all need to reach back to our animal instincts.

Anonymous said...

Hi. You have a great perspective on cats. They certainly take charge of their own lives. When my cat sits near me, she makes certain she is just out of reach!!! Jane

Anonymous said...

You are so right Carol. It is important to take care of ourselves and yet we take care of everyone and everything else first. So I guess today that stops :-)

Great post. Lisa

chasing lightning bugs said...

Yes, I agree carol. We are happiest when relying on intuition. Or at least I am. And you have beautiful cats!!!

Rambling Woods said...

Beautiful cats Carol..I have 2 orange tabby brothers who are 10 now. I wanted to thank you for your comments on my blog. Of course you wouldn't know of my other health issues. But I so appreciate your candor about the experience and hope you are feeling better. It sounds like a long haul from your blog posts and I am glad you are on the other end of it... Michelle

jerilanders said...

Truer words were never spoken! Those cats! They are so wise. (But also self centered narcissists, little devils!)

Carol Steel said...

Thanks to each of you for comments on my blog and for your understanding of how cats (and dogs) remind us to take care of ourselves. Cats can be annoying and are narcissists, but they are intuitive and loving and know when I need them for comfort. I don't know what I'd do without them.

Crafty Green Poet said...

human society conditions us too much! I always think we can learn a lot from cats

Carol Steel said...

We travel through this life in animal bodies. It is wise to remember to stop and care for ourselves. My cats teach me lessons again and again, as I need them. Thanks for the comment CGP.