Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 15, 2011

Faces of Tulips


My best friend sent me a link to Abbey of the Arts, a guide to transformative living through contemplative and expressive arts.   I was so stunned by the vibrant reds of the tulips contrasted with the ethereal blacks and whites of Christine Valters-Paintner’s photos that it has taken me a few days to want to share them.

Keeping them all to myself seemed necessary; I wanted to secretly enjoy them first.  How selfish!  But delightful!

Look at what she does with a camera; how she lets the photos speak.  Completely lovely!

She begins her Visual Meditation: “The faces of tulips” with a poetic excerpt from Mary Oliver, one of my favourite writers.

Hello, sun in my face.
Hello, you who made the morning
and spread it over the fields
and into the faces of the tulips


~Mary Oliver

Explore the website and enjoy Christine's photos and words.  These photos are Christine's.

No comments: